Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Our Garden

We decided to start our own garden. Thanks to a local nursery who sells these garden box kits, it couldn't be easier. Well, that's what they told me. And I believed them.

This photo was taken on Day 3, and I plan to show you the progress on a weekly basis. Expect a lot of dirt shots these first few weeks. Other than the teeny, tiny tomato plant and a few strawberry plants, we planted only seeds. Looking at the photo above and moving clockwise from top right, here's what we planted: tomato, strawberries, basil, carrots, zucchini, onions, cilantro, and jalapenos.

Mother Nature has blessed us with lots of rain since this garden was planted on Saturday. They say rain water is better than hose water so I'm very optimistic. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Team Thompson said...

fun fun fun. next time get the planter kit at Sam's Club...it is 40.00 and all set up. :) Can't wait to see them growing and see what you make out of them.