Monday, February 1, 2010

25 Minutes & Counting

Jill and I made it though a 25 minute run tonight. We took our time, but we jogged for 25 minutes straight. I'm so proud of us!

So I'm training for my first 5K run in March, but I decided to kick it up a notch and sign up for a sprint duathlon in April. Basically it's a 5K run with an 8 mile bike ride, except it's split up like this: 1 mile run; 8 mile bike; 2 mile run. I'm very excited about it! Jennifer started a tri club for women and a few of our book club friends have joined. So we can all train together! Although they're all doing the sprint triathlon. I need time to get used to an idea before I run with it so I'm skipping the swimming part. Though I'm not ruling it out for next year.

2 comments:

Team Thompson said...

Way to go! Keep up the good work.

Sara said...

Thanks for being my cheerleader, Laura.