Sunday, August 9, 2009

Julie & Julia

My friend Kristin and I went to see Julie & Julia today. Have you heard of it? Kidding. I absolutely loved it! It is such a sweet movie. I had tears in my eyes almost from the beginning. And I think Kristin did, too. Unless she has a cold or is suffering from allergies.

Although I never really sat down and watched her show and I'm not at all familiar with Mastering the Art of French Cooking, I enjoyed finding out that Julia Child was such a sweetheart. It seems like no matter the situation, she was always herself. Her quirks were so endearing and so charming, and I fell in love. I want to know all about her now.

My friend Jennifer saw Julie & Julia last night. On our walk this morning, she told me that when the movie was over she went straight to the book store and bought Mastering the Art of French Cooking. I laughed. Except now I get it. I want that book, too. Kristin's planning to go out and buy it as well. I just want to try to make something that Julia Child made. And I really want to make those faces they make in the movie when they taste the boeuf bourguignon and the chocolate & almond cake with chocolate frosting.

2 comments:

Team Thompson said...

Going Wed. to see the movie and am speed reading through the last few chapters of the book. such a sweet and funny story. can't wait to talk about it with you on Thursday!

Team Thompson said...

Love the new background! See you tomorrow!