Monday, July 13, 2009

I need your help!

Remember those baby rattle cupcakes from a few weeks ago? As I mentioned in that post, I learned how to make them by watching an online video. Betty Crocker has a whole collection of these how-to videos and, over the course of about a week, Elizabeth and I watched every one of them. I'd love to improve my technique, but I don't want to gain any more weight in the process. In other words, I want to bake and decorate a ton of cakes, but I don't want to have to eat them. (I think I've mentioned my disdain for wasting food.)

So, here's where you come in. Tell me to make a cake for you. Take a look at a few of these creative ideas and tell me which one you want. There are castles, flip flops, dinosaurs, trains, pirates, and more. Or find an example somewhere else and forward it to me. I really don't care where the idea comes from; I just want the practice. This doesn't have to be a cake for a big party. It can just be your family's dessert some evening. Surprise your kids! Surprise your husband! Do it just because.

Now if you still need more persuading, consider this. Because you're helping me practice (and I can't guarantee it will look great), I'll do it for you for free. Of course, I can't ship cakes so you have to live near me and I have to know you. I might be a little crazy but not so much that I go around making free cakes for strangers (unless they are friends of yours). So, please choose a cake and email me your pick! Just give me a few days notice on the delivery deadline.

5 comments:

windee said...

Hi Sara... Noah loves Legos. He can't get enough of Legos so it would be fun to surprise him with a Lego cake. Instead of letting you do it for free... how about I donate to your 3 day walk?

Team Thompson said...

Ohh I really want to help out. Can't decide between the flip flops, pirate, or purse. Can I at least buy the cake mix and frosting. I'll get back to you soon.

Carie said...

We would love a train cake!!! Fun, Fun, Fun!!!

Team Thompson said...

Ok...we finally picked! We'd love the dinosaur cake. Just tell me when to drop off the frosting and cake. YIPEE!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sara! To celebrate Ana's first week of preschool and Aaron's first week of 2nd grade, could I get Lion and Bear cupcakes? Those are the mascots for both schools. Thanks!! Let me know what you need. -Kim :)