Friday, February 6, 2009

Seriously?

Avid readers of this blog (ha, that's funny) already know that I make my own granola bars. This week, I changed it up a little. For the pecans and dried cranberries, I substituted macadamia nuts and dried cherries. Pretty darn good. And my husband noticed! Maybe we're watching too much Food Network because he's starting to sound like an Iron Chef judge. Last night he told me my granola bars were good. What he actually said was, "I like the tart flavor of the cherries and the underlying notes of the macadamia nuts." Oh really now?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHA...that's so funny, I could just hear Brian saying that.

I'll have to try the recipe...My kids love granola bars.

they like pecans, maybe i'll try that in there.

Sara said...

Yes, I think I like pecans and cranberries better than the cherries and macadamia nuts. A few mini white chocolate chips would be good with the cranberries, too. So many possibilities, really.

If you do make these granola bars, I've been using parchment instead of the waxed paper. It doesn't stick.