I had an epiphany this week. As much as I like to bake, I realized that I really love to wrap up the baked goods in pretty packaging and give them away. Sure, there's nothing wrong with making a variety of cookies at Christmas, arranging a sampling on a holiday plate, wrapping it in plastic wrap and topping it with a bow. But that's what everybody does. Why not add a little flair? A little fun? I little style?
My good friend Jennifer introduced me to Nashville Wraps last year. She learned about the company from her good friend Alexis Stewart. (She's not really friends with her. They'd never get along. Or maybe they would. What do I know?) Nashville Wraps isn't paying me to say this (I'm open to negotiation though, guys), but they have everything for your gift-wrapping needs--paper, ribbon, bows, boxes, tissue, bags. Everything. Check them out. They're starting to discount their Christmas selection so you can start getting ready for next year already. Or just buy cute boxes and wrapping paper you can use all year long.
I baked enough cookies to give 31 boxes to our neighbors, the kids' teachers and Brian's co-workers. Here's my assembly line.
And a close-up of what's inside each box: spicy, chewy molasses cookies, buckeyes, and chocolate chip cookies.The above photo is of the wrapping process. I admit to buying the cheap ribbon. It wasn't what I thought it would be. The satin ribbon would have been ideal, but I chose the Berwick ribbon because the price was right and it turned out to be stiff and a little crunchy. Not the best kind of ribbon to make pretty bows. With a little time, effort and Scotch tape, I made it work, though. Here's the finished product.
3 comments:
Those are very loverly. I have to say I enjoyed the tulle-y ribbon I bought. And thanks for the props. Though I think I would kick Alexis in the head.
I want to be your neighbor! What a fun gift and so cute and yummy!
Sara...they look GREAT! i only did the candy this year (did you like it? mary ann sent you some) and didn't give any cookies out :( There's always next year. I hope to order from Nashville Wraps for next yr too! MERRY XMAS!
Post a Comment