Sunday, December 7, 2008

Geez oh man!

Within the last week, I've made three kinds of cookies--lemon ricotta, oatmeal chocolate chip, and gingersnap sandwich cookies with lemon cream. I took pictures of them all and I wish I could show them to you, but I'm having trouble with my camera. And by trouble, I mean that it was stolen out of the top of our stroller at Chandler's Parade of Lights and lighting of the tumbleweed Christmas tree. What the heck is wrong with people? Yes, it would be nice to post those pictures, but what I really miss are the pictures of my kids on Santa's lap. Because we took them to the mall yesterday morning to visit Santa. And yesterday afternoon, Matthew discovered his shadow and I took a cute little video of him talking to it and pointing to it on the wall. Gone. All gone. I'm really trying to get over it but I'm just so mad at this person. And the timing! Well, okay, no time is a good time to lose a camera, but right before Christmas? It just doesn't seem too Christmas-y.

I'm taking a deep breath and letting it go. I'll try anyway. On to something else....

Giada's Lemon Ricotta Cookies with Lemon Glaze were okay. Since I have a lemon tree in my backyard that goes crazy this time of year, I'm always looking for recipes with lemon. These cookies could be a little more lemony, but they're super moist because of the ricotta and the glaze is a nice touch, so I might make them again. The Oatmeal Chocolate Chip recipe was from the newspaper. Some lady (Wendy) said she made the best chocolate chip cookies so I had to try her recipe. I hate to burst Wendy's bubble, but it's not very original and they weren't the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever had. There was a note that her recipe makes a huge batch so I halved it. Her recipe is Nestle Tollhouse's plus 2 cups old-fashioned oats and a half cup wheat flour. That's it. Oh, and she said to use Ghiardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips. I didn't so maybe that's why I wasn't impressed?

I'll tell you about the gingersnaps with lemon cream when I'm in a better mood. Until then....

4 comments:

Marie said...

Man that sucks! What is wrong with people! But thanks for making me hungry. :)

Just Another Mom said...

What a scrooge and grinch rolled into one, that person who took your camera! I curse them.

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH...i was be FURIOUS!!! I am soooo sorry to hear that!!!

Well, lets look on the bright side...a new camera would be a nice early xmas present for you ;)

Jennifer said...

Just think, maybe the person really needed/wanted a camera for Christmas and they couldn't get one because they had been laid off and couldn't find another job in this lousy economy. Much better than thinking they would just add it to their pile of stolen cameras and/or sell it for meth!