Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Cookies for Santa

A few days before Christmas, Elizabeth asked if we could bake some cookies for Santa. She likes making the sugar cut-out cookies because she gets to sprinkle the flour and use the rolling pin. I like to make sugar cut-outs too, but I admit that I can get a little particular about the whole process. In the spirit of the holiday season, I let her do whatever she wanted. That included using way too much flour, getting it everywhere, and making the biggest mess you've ever seen on the counter, on the floor and all over herself. Incidently, I did buy the Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix and canned frosting. That helped me get over the waste. (It's just money. Not time spent measuring and mixing.) And in the end, her cookies turned out quite well for a five year old, don't you think?
If you're going for taste, though, make your own dough and frosting. This stuff is yucky. But kids don't care. And I don't think Santa did either.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Tell Elizabeth her cookies were beautiful and I'm sure Santa enjoyed them. Love, Grandma