Sunday, November 2, 2008

Perfect Pumpkin Seeds

Every year we try to roast pumpkin seeds and they never turn out quite right. This year I am happy to report that my pumpkin seeds are so yummy. And if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be able to keep my hands out of the kids' candy bags.

The recipe we found online (Brian did the research so I don't know the link) said to clean the seeds, let them dry on the baking sheet overnight, mix them with a little olive oil and salt, and then roast them at 250 degrees for 40 minutes. I set my oven to 225 degrees (because of my dark, nonstick cookie sheets) and put them in to roast. Then I put Matthew down for his nap. Then I folded some laundry. Then I looked on the computer for a little bit. Then I took a little rest. Two hours and fifteen minutes later, I walked into the kitchen and briefly wondered why the oven was on. I gasped and then pulled the pumpkin seeds out of there.

I've finally found my technique for perfectly roasted pumpkin seeds.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha...so funny! I'm glad I am not the only one who forgets things ;) They look great! Glad you found a good recipe!

Just Another Mom said...

Sometimes the best things are those forgotten!