I tried these Chocolate-Mint Bars yesterday. Sort of. They appeared on the cover of the March issue and I've been thinking about them ever since. I had planned to make them yesterday morning, but there were a couple of other last minute things I had to do to make the house "houseguest ready" so I cheated. I mixed up a batch of my favorite brownies (Betty Crocker Fudge Brownies) and topped them with the mint and chocolate layers. Mint and chocolate always go well together and the chocolate to mint ratio on these brownies is just perfect.
The recipe says to refrigerate the brownies so the top layer sets up correctly. I did, but then I took them out and let them come to room temperature before serving. If they're too cold, the top two layers won't melt in your mouth and the chocolate layer isn't shiny and pretty (it's hard and has that chocolate bloom to it). But at room temperature, all those problems are solved. Someday I might make the whole recipe the right way, but why mess with success?
1 comment:
oooh, they look YUMMY! i may have to try those!
Post a Comment