Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Beginning

At the risk of appearing like a Harriet to Jennifer's Emma, I'm starting my own blog. It's not that I want to be as cool as her, because really, how can I be? And I'm not looking to make millions on this or to become famous. So why am I doing this? Well, to be honest, it all started about a year ago. A mom in our MOMS Club had her website (hey, I didn't even know what a blog was!) listed in her email signature and I clicked on it. It was filled with family photos, slideshows, and videos. The next time I saw her I told her how impressive her site was and she talked me into setting up one for myself. Yes, that was a year ago and now I'm finally making my first post. A belated thank you to Laura for setting me up.

Anyway, my blog isn't going to have family photos, slideshows or videos. Call me paranoid, but I just don't trust this internet thing enough for that...yet. Plus, my extended family wasn't that excited about seeing us and the kids in a blog.

Family: Will we be able to order pictures from it?
Me: No.
Family: Are you still going to put pictures on Ofoto?
Me: Yeah, I guess so.

It all started to sound like double the work. I don't need more work but I wanted a blog because I already thought of the perfect name for it. (For those with no idea, more on that later.) So, I'm dedicating this space to my all-time favorite hobby--baking. I can still have a blog, but it won't be about anything important so it doesn't matter if I don't get around to posting anything for a while. Inspired by another blogger who is a little more famous, wealthier, and seems to have a lot more time to devote to baking (but I have been told our mothers look a lot a like--which, I suppose, is a "good thing"), I will post recipes and photos of my creations. My camera, my kitchen and my recipes are not fancy schmancy; if these goods can be baked by me, they can be baked by anyone. This is baking for the everywoman.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

You are so awesome. See, I told you that you could write. And now you won't mind if I use your name in my blog!

Unknown said...

Love the blog! OMG, i totally think your mom looks like Martha! I will look forward to reading this! And what a PERFECT name!!

Anonymous said...

In the fall, I'll be baking up my batch of sky recipes... maybe I will be inspired by you to bake! I like to cook... I normally burn when I bake!! We should get together more often... har har.

Very nice, though... I'm impressed with your blogging ability :-)